RUMI - POETRY IN HOUMA

"On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a
day."
Rumi


This is for all sailors, it was sent to me by my sister.

 Monday April 30, today is the day we were to head to New Orleans.  Small snag in the schedule.  We installed new batteries on Sat because they were not charging.  Still not. 

We had the alternator checked back in Shell Morgan Landing & it was suppose to be good.  We are checking it again along with anything else that could be wrong.  Need to fix the problem before we move on.  Means another bike ride!  Yeah!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Simply a matter of S/V It's Perfect exerting her aversion to schedules. She will usually allow you to call out either the port or the date...rarely both! Enjoy Houma. I had the best soft shell crab sandwich of my life in that town.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houma is great. Looks like new alternator will be in tomarrow pm. Then back on track, I think. It is amazing how delays don't seem to be as big of a deal as you would think. I am going to look for the crab sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going deep and suggest that eating the "crab sandwich' is a fruedien slip, yet powerfully metaphorical.

    Angela has been there, she knows very well the frustration of nebulus mechanical problems on a cruising boat. I think she is really saying "acknowledge and devour any crabiness that may be brewing on board and harmony will reign".
    Chase it with a few rounds of brewski's and I think you'll find she is correct.

    Fruedman Zig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hehehe. I like the thought. I just wish I could remember the name/location of what can only be very loosely described as a restaurant...

    ReplyDelete